This photograph was kindly supplied by Mary Fell.
The Swell was a steam drifter commissioned by the War Department and launched in 1917. She was due to be one of a pair of sister
ships, but as the war ended in 1918, the other boat was never launched.
Above - a close up of the deck showing unnamed men on board. She was built by Routh and Waddingham, but the identity of the two men
is currently unknown.
Below: the beautiful lines of the boat, as she lies tied up in the Haven. She was 97 gross tons, 86 feet long, 19 feet 7 inches in beam, and
10 foot depth. She fished under the number GY 138, and was renamed the Silvernight. She is listed on the Fleetwood Online Archive of Trawlers, here.