The Haven at Low Tide
The Boatyard is the building to the left. Between the two noticeboards can be seen railway trucks at the chutes on the Railway
Wharf. The boat in the centre appears to be in the dry dock - a floating arrangement allowing boats to be repaired out of the water, whilst the boat moored further along may be the Winteringham Ferry.
The board at the extreme left is a Railway Company notice headed “Winteringham Haven” with ***** Rates as the title.
The larger notice (shown here, left) is for Harbour Dues. You may be able to make out a few words, including that of the mayor of Winteringham, Edmund Cordeaux, who died in 1917.
The reverse of the post card. It is signed “Sam” - most likely to be Samuel Leaberry, a farmer who lived on West End between School House and the Church, on the opposite side of the road to the National School.
Note: A larger version of this postcard can be seen on the hi-res site.